Monday 23 June 2014

Starting over...

I've decided to start a new blog!

My old blog - Valentine Xo - had been abandoned so long, it felt weird to start up again, so I thought I'd start fresh (just with a similar layout - some things are hard to let go of!)

A few months ago, I posted my first ever video make-up tutorial and it recently hit over 1000 views (which is totally mental, still can't quite believe that many people have watched me awkwardly talking to the camera...) - and thought that blogging and vlogging (?) go hand in hand, so should pick up the former alongside the latter.

I have every intention of filming a new tutorial super soon (just need to get my bum in gear, but have zero time at the moment) but can let my keyboard do the talking too!


*

On my previous blog I did product reviews, outfit posts, one makeup photo tutorial, a film review (oh Moonrise Kingdom, I still love you) and lots of posts based on pictures I'd seen that had given me an eye boner - so I'm sure you can expect to see more of all of these, alongside my video adventures too.

While my primary subject matter in videos is probably going to be make-up (products/application/tips & tricks) - the range of subjects on the blog will be a little more broad - suggestions for both are always warmly welcomed!

*


I absolutely HATE 'about me' sections, I really struggle to sum myself up so succinctly (at least, without sounding like a total n00b) - my interests in general chop and change regularly and I fall in and out of 'omg totally OB$E$$ED' with things on a daily basis - this is down to me having the attention span of a small child in a sparkley room -  but, to start with, here are a few (relatively) long-standing things about me that will most likely shape the direction of this blog, so, let me begin:

I'm a make-up artist, it's my full time job (and then some) - and it feels awesome to finally be able to say that - so, understandably, I spend a lot of my time playing with/lusting after make-up, hence the subject matter of my youtube video (currently singular, soon to be plural). I get asked a lot of questions - how/what/which/where/why - about various make-up related issues, so my youtube seemed like a good place to answer those while simultaneously coming to terms with my annoying voice.

I love sofia coppola and wes anderson (both of whom have had posts written on my previous blog about their GENIUS) as well as cats/glitter/witchy vibes/being nostalgic for eras I haven't experienced/religious iconography/leonardo dicaprio (so... tumblr/tumblr/tumblr - ugh.)

I have a worrying obsession with wrapping presents - when I say worrying, I mean it worries my boyfriend when I can't pass a nice roll of wrapping paper or gift bag (or ribbon/string/bows/tinsel/anything to adorn a lovingly wrapped gift) - without buying it ALL. I don't really think it's worrying, I think it's fun and that I'm hashtag big in the wrap game (...I hate myself).

I also totally hoard stationery, but again see this as a positive personality trait - always prepared for note taking/constantly aesthetically pleased by paper... It's the little things.

I'm trying to force myself to read more, I used to read constantly, but now I'm currently about half way through 4 books with no real intention to finish any of them. Book suggestions are very welcome, and loans (from those of you who know me IRL) are too!

Finally, I really like food but am trying to eat less of it, or at least, less of the bad stuff (but it tastes so GOOD) in an attempt to lose weight for various social events in the coming months, wish me luck!

In summary - make-up/virgin suicides/wes anderson/cats/leo4eva/wrapping/stationery/books/food/life.


NTSRY

I think that's enough babbling on for now, I'm starting to cringe at myself and if anyone is actually reading this, they're probably doing the same - I do tend to waffle on, but don't we all? If any of this sounds like something you'd be interested in, be sure to keep an eye out for future posts

If it sounds boring to you, that's fine too - no one is forcing you to keep your peepers open, so feel free to close them and this tab.

If you've made it this far, thanks for taking the time to read it all! I'll (hopefully) be back soon with something interesting to say and will make sure to link any videos I do as well, so for now, bye!

Charli
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment